Here are some websites to look for scholarship opportunities:
Scholarship 101 Workshop
Scholarship 101 Workshop
C.S.I.S.D Education Foundation Scholarships Deadline: March 1, 2018
Scholarship Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now open.
Deadline: Thursday, March 1, 2018 by midnight
Click HERE to start your application today!
This will take you to our new third-party scholarship application site (SmarterSelect).
You will need to set up an account to apply.
C.S.I.S.D. PTO Scholarships Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Attendance for at least 2 years at the campus in which the applicant is applying.
- Current Extra-Curricular Leadership and Involvement – includes school, civic and community events as well as honors.
- Written Essay - Applicants will be evaluated based on response to a written essay.
- Official Transcript – Applicants must submit an official transcript so grades, class ranking, and test scores can be verified
- DEADLINE - March 1, 2018
Applicants are responsible for delivering the packet of information (pages 2-6 of the application and official transcript) to the front office of the campus to which the applicant is applying. No late applications will be accepted.
American Legion Auxiliary Scholarships Deadlines Vary
Texas Elks State Association Scholarships Deadlines Vary
Texas Jaycee Foundation Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Individual persons wishing to enroll in an accredited Texas College, University or Technical School. You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this scholarship and a permanent resident of the State of Texas. Immediate Family members of Foundation Officers are ineligible.
Class of 2018 Nina Heard Astin Academic Scholarship Deadline Febraury 15, 2018
- Eligible applicants can apply online at www.csascholars.org.
- The deadline for applying is FEBRUARY 15, 2018.
- Deadline for receipt of the online application as well as additional materials requested is 5:00pm est. on FEBRUARY 15, 2018.
- The application process for those students who will be graduating May 2018 will be open on January 8, 2018.
Frontier Fiesta Association Scholarship for University of Houston Incoming Freshmen
Deadline: February 15, 2018
The Leaders and Achievers Scholarship will be selected on the basis of outstanding efforts in leadership. Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Unofficial transcript with cumulative GPA
- List of extracurricular activities and achievements
- A 500-word essay describing your leadership roles and how you have given back to your community
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your leadership abilities and community involvement
Doris Floyd Thomas Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2018.
- Applicants must be a high school senior or undergraduate from Bryan High School, Rudder High School, Navasota High School, Blinn College Nursing School, A&M Consolidated High School or College Station High School.
- Applicants must be interested in obtaining training in the field of nursing.
- Applicants must be have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must demonstrate traits of high personal character and leadership.
Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship Deadline: February 20, 2018
Bryan Chapter #222, Order of the Eastern Star Scholarship Deadline: February 26, 2018
Scholarship Amount: $500.00
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Bryan Chapter #222
Order of the Eastern Star
Post Office Box 31
Bryan, Texas, 77806
Questions may be directed to Dr. Leonora Owre, (979) 574-8714.
Stephen F. Austin State University Smith-Hutson Scholarship Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Demonstrate financial need and academic potential
Adam Royder Masonic Lodge Scholarship Deadline: March 1, 2018
Scholarship Amount: $1000.00
Mail completed applications to:
Adam Royer Lodge #778
PO Box 296
Wellborn, TX 77881
2018 TAAIS Memorial Foundation Asthma Scholarship Award Deadline: March 1, 2018
This $1,500 one-time award will be granted to up to three qualified and deserving seniors attending a Texas high school who suffer from Asthma.
- Applicants must be seniors attending a Texas high school during the 2017-2018 school year that suffer from Asthma, and who plan to go to college after high school graduation.
- The award will be payable directly to the college or university of choice in the student’s name.
Texas Department of Transportation Conditional Grant Program Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Conditional Grant Program is available to eligible students pursuing a degree in civil engineering or a department approved operational business discipline. The Conditional Grant Program will consider both Texas public and private four-year institutions.
Students accepted into the program receive up to $3,000 per semester or $6,000 per academic year, based on financial need.
To qualify for the Conditional Grant Program, you must be economically disadvantaged, and you must also:
- be a Texas resident eligible to work in the U.S.,
- have a minimum high school grade point average of 3.00 on a four-point scale, or
- a minimum score of 900 on the SAT or
- a minimum score of 21 on the ACT,
- plan to attend an accredited four-year Texas public or private college or university as a full-time student (minimum 12 semester hours),
- declare an intent to seek a four-year degree in civil engineering or a department approved operational business discipline,
- agree to work for TxDOT for two years immediately following graduation, and
- not be more than 30 days delinquent in providing child support under a court order or written repayment plan.
George Bush High School Public Service Scholarship Deadline: March 2, 2018
Turn application into the Counseling Office by 4:00 PM.
- Graduating senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university
- Must demonstrate an exemplary record of school and community involvement
- The student must submit the financial aid information form for their chosen college or university by August 1, 2018
Gloria S. Sale/Bryan Coca-Cola Educational Trust Scholarship Deadline: March 2, 2018
- Must be returned to the counseling office in a 9 x 12 envelope by 4:20 pm
The Woman's Club Bryan/College Station Scholarship Deadline: March 5, 2018
(must be returned to the counseling office in a 9 X 12 envelope by 4:20 p.m.)
Eligible scholarship applicants must:
- Be female and a U.S. citizen
- Maintain good academic standing
- Show financial need
- Use the scholarship within twelve months
- Have no relatives who are member of The Woman's Club
Brian Bachmann Legacy Scholarship Deadline: March 15, 2018
Applicants must meet or exceed the following requirements to be eligible.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors, entering their first year of college.
- Applicants’ major choice of study must be in the criminal justice field and/or their parents must come from a criminal justice background.
- Complete the application in full and attach a 4X6 color photograph of the applicant.
- High School GPA of at least 2.75 – attach a copy of high school transcript.
- Acceptance to a college or university – attach a copy of acceptance letter.
- SAT and ACT scores – attach official printout.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation with application.
The Brazos Bluebonnet Quilt Guild Scholarship Deadline: March 17, 2017
- Applicants must plan a course of study in the fields of visual arts, family & life sciences, career tech, or a related field
Brazos Valley Area Alumnae (BVAA) Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Scholarship
Deadline: March 20, 2018
The application says March 4, 2018...it should be March 20, 2018. The application must be received by this date.
Wellborn Lions Club Scholarship Deadline: March 21, 2018
Award Amount: $1250
- Must be returned to the counseling office in a 9 X 12 envelope by 4:20 p.m.
Texas Telephone Association Scholarship Deadline March 23, 2018
- U.S. Citizen
- Student graduating from a Texas high school no later than June 2018
- Student achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (out of a possible 4.0)
- Student planning to attend a Texas college or university by the Fall of 2018;
- A letter of acceptance from a Texas college or university where student has been accepted
- Copy of student’s SAR (Student Aid Report)
- Must be returned to the counseling office in a 9 X 12 envelope by 4:20 p.m.
The Art League of the Brazos Valley Visual Arts Scholarship Deadline March 30, 2018
Two (2) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to a senior graduating from a high located in Bryan/College Station by August 2018. Applicants must plan a course study and career related to the visual arts.
The Hispanic Forum of Bryan/College Station Student of the Year Scholarship
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Average to Extraordinary Scholarship Deadline: March 31, 2018
Sponsor: Daniel Stark Injury Lawyers
Description: Scholarship is open to high school students from Texas. Applicant must share an experience that has changed his of her life, entrepreneurial goals, and their passions.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Must be of Hispanic Heritage
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for High School Students
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for College and Graduate Students
- Plan to enroll Full-Time in an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university, or graduate school, during the FALL of a scholarship cycle (year)
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Complete FAFSA or state based financial aid application (if applicable)
Aggieland Credit Union Scholarship Deadline: April 1, 2018
- Any Brazos County Senior who will attend Texas A&M University in the summer or fall of 2018.
- Amount will be credited to the student’s account at Texas A&M University upon enrollment.
- Scholarship winner agrees to have his/her photo taken and published in the credit union’s quarterly newsletter
Vietnam Veterans Of America Chapter 937 Scholarship Deadline: April 1, 2018
- To be eligible, students must be enrolling in an accredited four-year college, two-year college, or technical trade school in the fall of 2018.
Texas Dove Hunters Assoc. Scholarship Deadline: April 2, 2018
- Applicant must be graduating from a Texas high school this spring and pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning (Junior College, Tech School or 4 Year University)
- Applicant must be a hunting enthusiast and support the preservation of hunting and must submit a copy of proof of completion of a hunter safety course or their current Texas hunting license
- Must include one letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, employer, community leader or clergy (may not be a relative)
- Applicant must provide an OFFICIAL sealed transcript to prove enrollment in a Texas school.
Deadline: April 3, 2018
Requirements and Specifications: Please attach documentation to application and
include a current transcript.
Applicant may be male or female.
Delta Kappa Gamma Scholarship Deadline: April 5, 2018
- Must be returned to the counseling office in a 9 X 12 envelope by April 5, 2018
- The applicant must be a graduating female student who will be pursuing a career in teaching
Brett Bird Memorial Scholarship Deadline: April 6, 2018
- Must be returned to the counseling office in a 9 X 12 envelope
- Must plan to attend a two or four year college/university
- To qualify, a student must plan to take at least 12 college hours per semester
Brazos Valley African American Museum Scholarship Program Deadline: April 6, 2018
- The applicant must be a graduating senior from a Brazos Valley Senior High School.
- The application is due April 6, 2018 at the Brazos Valley African American Museum 500 E Pruitt St, Bryan, TX.
- The applicant must submit an official High School Transcript which includes grade point average, class rank, and anticipated date of graduation.
- Application must include one letter of recommendation from either a teacher, community member, counselor or spiritual mentor.
- Each applicant should provide evidence of extra-curricular activities, community activities, honors and awards.
- Applicant may express any financial need in the application.
- Scholarship recipients must provide proof of acceptance to a college/university (include any financial scholarships)
- Scholarships will be awarded to the successful applicants.
- Applicant has a choice to complete one of the following options . Please see application for options
The Junior League of Bryan-College Station, Inc. Endowment Scholarship
Deadline: April 10, 2018
The Junior League of Bryan-College Station, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving our community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Two (2) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to three graduating female seniors living within Bryan or College Station who have:
- Overall GPA of 80 (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher
- History of volunteer service
- Acceptance to an accredited college or university
2018 Capital Farm Credit Scholarship sponsored by the Bryan Credit Office
Deadline: April 20, 2018
Capital Farm Credit supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services. And because a steady flow of credit means more jobs and economic growth, Capital Farm Credit is also helping invest in the vibrancy of communities throughout rural Texas through our scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded using the following eligibility requirements:
- Funds shall be used to attend an accredited vocational or technical school, college or university. Student must maintain full time status.
- Applicants must be seniors, graduating within the current school year.
- Currently has no less than a “B” grade average
- Applicant must demonstrate that they have a tentative educational plan and goals, related to fields in agriculture, education, or natural resources (may include Ag Communications, Ag Economics/Business, Ag Education, Wildlife or Ranch Management, Education, etc.).
- Applicants must include the following documents for consideration: (Please send all documents together) a. Completed application b. 1-2 letters of recommendation c. 100-200 word essay on topic given in application d. Local newspaper Information (name, address, phone number)
- Applications and all supporting documents must be received by April 20, 2018.
- a. No late submissions will be accepted.
- b. The guidance counselor of each scholarship winner will be notified.
Mail to: CFC Scholarship Committee 3000 Briarcrest Dr. Ste. 101 Bryan, Texas 77802
Hand-deliver to: CFC Bryan Credit Office 3000 Briarcrest Dr. Ste. 101 Bryan, Texas 77802
Lamar Award Scholarship presented by Sul Ross Lodge Deadline April 27, 2018
- In honor of his distinguished contributions to the public education system of Texas, the Mirabeau B. Lamar Award is presented to a Graduating Senior from the College Station Independent School District by Sul Ross Masonic Lodge #1300 of Ancient Free & Accepted Masons, College Station, Texas.
- A printed certificate and an engraved medal will be presented to the winner.
- The successful individual should be a person of outstanding integrity and possess a focus and determination to overcome adversity in their pursuit of education. This person should be a Graduating Senior in the College Station Independent School District.
Texas Interscholastic League Foundation Scholarships Deadline: May 11, 2018
Applications open March 1, 2018
- Must have competed at the UIL Academic State Meet any year of their high school career (CX debaters must have advanced to the second day of competition) OR must be a state finalist in the Barbara Jordan Historical Essay Competition, the Latino History Essay Competition, Student Congress, or the UIL Young Filmmakers Festival
- Must plan to attend an accredited college or university in the state of Texas
- Must enroll full-time in college and maintain a 2.5 college GPA (some scholarships require higher GPAs)
- Must have taken either the SAT or the ACT
- Must be graduating from high school during the current year
FINANCIAL AID can be awarded by the government and by the institution of higher learning that you attend. The amount of financial aid offered is based on need and can come in the form of grants or loans. The FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) needs to be filled out in January/February of the senior year.